Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Which Reminds Me

Yes, it was so sad when Dr. Giacumakis was fired while I was working at the Lockman Foundation. He was such a nice person, always so friendly to everyone. We all heard him talking about his vacation in Greece visiting his family members there. I do not remember the specific details of why he was fired. Sometimes you can be such a nice person and so popular with the staff and yet be outvoted by the Editorial Board due to disagreements over some very subtle points of wording in regards to how Greek and Hebrew words should be translated. The water is purest at the source and later it gets dirtier and dirtier. And do I have a Ph.D. tacked to the end of my name that I would be able to explain the details of that? No, obviously not. They were working on the NAS Study Bible notes and Dr. Giacumakis was the executive director of the project. Irene was typing the study notes into the computer with the requisite typesetting codes. Irene was saying that Bob, the accountant who runs Lockman Foundation staff and pays the bills, was having strange issues and not cooperating or something. Then later Bob fired Irene. I do not recall who was fired first, Irene or Dr. Jake. Anyway, suddenly Dr. Jake was gone also. Later I did do some of Irene's duties and eventually I left because, I don't know, I don't see any future for myself there. Either I will leave or eventually I will trip somehow and also get myself fired. It's not like I could be promoted to translator, not having a Ph.D. or even the linguistics training that Mindy could boast of. There was just nothing there but it was a very nice job to have for 2-3 years until something else may open up. For the specifics of that you would really need to talk to Bob Lambert who probably has the memo from the editorial board stored somewhere in the files there. I really would not want to assume the responsibility of having to explain the details of that, not being the person responsible nor having the appropriate academic credentials for such a burdensome responsibility.