Saturday, August 17, 2013

Which Reminds Me

Yes, it was always so irritating when Susie and Sammy Stewart were visiting in El Salvador. Sammy would say, "How are you, Candi and Rene?" or "What do you think about that, Candi and Rene?" It was as if Sammy thought that my sister and I were a single unit, that we must be always a pair, my sister and I, as if I, Candi, have no identity separate from my sister or my parents. I might have said something about that, like, "Who do you think you are talking to, anyway, Sammy?" I don't remember exactly how I might have said that. But if I don't exist then why would Sammy be expecting a check from me? Obviously, Charlie's Lunch will get along just fine without my existence on this planet so there would be no reason for me to feel guilty about not mailing a check. So thanks for nothing.