Thursday, August 15, 2013

Which Reminds Me

Someone is always out there badgering me about helping poor people. Generally speaking I agree that that is a good thing to give to the poor. Does not the Bible not say that giving a cup of water to a poor person is the equivalent of giving that to Jesus? In principle, it is a Christian duty to help the poor. However, the avenues that I might choose to do that may or may not coincide with those of other missionaries or MKs who I happen to know. Should I feel myself obligated to support everyone else's ministry when I do not even know how I am going to pay for college? I think that it would be premature for me to make promises that I cannot keep to any missionary family and/or ministry when, anyway, whatever their connection to me might be, I don't know what the future may hold for me. I don't recall making any commitments in that regard and thus it is rather irritating later to be pressured on various points that I don't recall. I don't recall making any promises. It just wouldn't be right.