Saturday, December 29, 2012

Advantage

Ok, so everything I say or do will be used against me. I don't recall when I first figured this out, maybe some time during elementary school, so this really is not news to me, perhaps because I am a girl or had reddish hair or something. There will always be some reason, some excuse, for giving preference to someone else's opinion. Whatever I say will always be misconstrued and misused by someone, it would seem. The trick for me is how to use this boomerang effect to my own advantage given that large groups of people are often chronically stupid or chronically smart depending on how you look at it. The ideal solution would for me to make like Thumper Rabbit and say nothing. But that is not always possible. If I am human at all I sometimes must spill the beans and let the chips fall where they may, I suppose, because anyway these factors are not within my control. It is not like the group is always right, obviously. Large groups of dumb people are often a serious peril and an evil influence on a good Christian girl like me seeking to live in right conscience with God. Ok, so I am not always doing the right thing but anyway, whatever, the group is often quite wrong also. I never particularly liked having to work on group projects because sometimes I get stuck with these people who just want to gossip and chat about other things and nothing ever gets done. I would rather avoid group situations whenever possible, especially any groups related to high school Spanish literature class, because I just don't care to submit to arrested development just because they don't like me. I just want to graduate from high school ASAP so those whiny people will never again have any excuse to interrupt my progress. Never gain will they have an opportunity to arrest my development just because they are just sitting there waiting for me to stick my foot in my mouth. I just won't be there after high school graduation so you will have to find someone else to kick around. Thanks anyway.