Thursday, December 27, 2012

Which Reminds Me

Someone was yapping about the controversy between those Queens Elizabeth I and Mary Queen of Scots, as if I somehow represented Bloody Mary. That was so ridiculous. My name is not Mary, obviously, and neither is my Dad's cousin Elizabeth Hunt any type of queen in any sense of that word. Elizabeth has two sisters, one of whose name is Merry Zoe, but I know nothing about that. I am not aware of any "people" paying court to Elizabeth. Besides, we all know that the Hunts are just back-stabbing traitors in some mysterious way, as are many of my relatives, having turned against the Pentecostals because well, not everyone is going to get it. Yes, in a perfect world everyone would get everything but, anyway, lots of people have too many mental blocks in their heads to ever get the Pentecostal "gift." So? Is that any reason to doubt the gift is real and to go around planting seeds of doubt in all of these empty heads? No, not really. It would seem counterintuitive to turn to the Baptists and kill off the Pentecostals just because they don't get it. The Christian response of a free world would be to leave the Pentecostals alone to do their thing and not try to force a merger with the belligerent and bellicose empty-headed Baptists because oil and water just don't mix well.