Sunday, December 2, 2012

Books for sale

On the Internet I see that Cindy Lopez Hudlin's book, "Hands that Heal: International Curriculum to Train Caregivers of Trafficking Survivors," can be purchased easily from various website sources, including, among others: Faith Alliance Against Slavery and Trafficking, The Salvation Army, The Commission for Children at Risk, the International Christian Alliance on Prostitution, and the Global Center for Women and Justice.

With such powerful marketing in place, there is no reason for me to call Cindy Lopez Hudlin on the phone to offer my services in the department of human trafficking and prostitution. I am fully persuaded that these professionals can adequately handle the job without any help from me. Is that the punch line you were waiting for? (Barf! Barf!)

Thus it is rather perturbing to be hearing from them on these points. Ok, so my GPA and lack of extracurricular achievements did not qualify me for the Delta Kappa club. However, I am not in bad company in that regard as Delta Kappa is no guarantee of future success, obviously, especially if you cannot get out of Bobby's somewhat simplistic mindset in which case we don't think you have anything valid to say anyway. There is a lot more to the story than the Bueno family business actually.

It is nice that the Bueno family established a school system there. However, that was an exception to the rule and not really our main reason for being there. Schools are good. Free lunch is good. It is all good. No one was saying that the Bueno family should not be doing that if that is what they want to do. Ditto to Sam Stewart.

However, if some other families were not particularly interested in going into the relief and development business in that way and felt themselves called more to the ministry side of it, well, there is no condemnation in that regard. Not everyone is called into the restaurant business, especially not me.

I don't appreciate my name getting all tangled up in that wicked witch web, frankly, as it just makes it hard for me to do anything. How can I have a life when those wicked witches still have their stranglehold? Change is needed, obviously.