Monday, December 10, 2012

Garcias

Oh, I had forgotten Becky's last name. Was it Garcia? Did Arthur Blissett's daughter marry into that tawdry and revolting family that I met only briefly in California? Those California Mexicans turned out to be such incredibly low-class filthy dogs that I must feel a certain degree of pity for Arthur if he is stuck with those trash in his own family (I can only imagine) to ruin his reputation if he ever put them on the television airwaves so that people could really understand what kind of trash those people really are behind the scenes. I am just guessing. I don't really know this but I have some clues. It just wasn't that important.

It often happens that these high profile ministers may lead others to the Lord even when their own families are in revolt and disarray and their personal lives a dirty mess. I really don't want to know any more of the details because, anyway, it's not about them.

God is perfect. We are to be perfect as He is perfect. Arthur is just not that important, or that perfect. I am just saying. I never put any faith in Arthur. Arthur is only a prop, a piece of scenery, a fat ugly slob who often appears on television to jeer and mock for some unknown reason. I was never much aware of Arthur or interested in following his example. Jesus came to set us free from the burden of sin. I am Christian and Christian at the cross was relieved of the burden he was carrying. Unlike Arthur, who prefers to carry his burden of sin all over the place, I prefer the imagery of John Bunyan's pilgrim who leaves the burden aside at the foot of the cross and walks free and unhindered to the heavenly shores.

Right now, Lord, I dump Arthur's filthy dirty mess at the foot of the cross and move forward without any further thought of Arthur and his dirty mess to burden my brilliant mind and also, for that matter, I throw out those horrid Garcia sisters who I never want to hear from again in this lifetime. "The burdens of my heart rolled away," as the song says.

As the Bible says we are only pilgrims in this world, a "peculiar" people. Peculiar is not a concept to fear. The thought of "peculiar" is a concept of self-identity and comfort even amidst the jeers and mockery of these more worldly television folks who just don't get it.