Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Which reminds me

There is something that my mother's cousin said about getting up early in the morning being the road to success. Yes, I suppose that I could get up early and have at it and then make a fool of myself not knowing what I am doing or I could wait until later and find out what is really going on out there and then make plans. I find that I feel better the rest of the day if I take an extra few minutes to reflect and gather my thoughts together before moving or doing anything. Sorry if I don't buy willy nilly everything that my relatives say but if I gave their opinions too much regard my life would be a train wreck. They don't necessarily have any real understanding of anything that is in my best interests, apparently.

Yes, I suppose that if I were a special interest group, such as army or navy veterans, I would get a lot more "special attention" from the government, but I was never interested in selling my soul just because some confused person upstairs thought that Judy marrying a colonel meant that we were army brats. Not really. I don't know anything about that.

Also, we were never a Jewish or Arab family so it would be ridiculous and quite wrong for either of those people groups to be using our family tree to simulate the Palestinian issues of the Holy Land. This is America. We don't do that to each other here in America just because one or another relative married a Jewish or Arab person. We cannot have this ridiculous melodrama going on at home with Jewish and Arab factions trying to outdo each other. It just won't do. That is a problem they have over there in the Middle East, not here in America. You will have to carry on your Jewish-Arab conflict outside of our family because we would not want to end up looking like another bombed out Libyan territory, obviously.

Thus it is a bit ludicrous to see all these Mexican-Italians running around pretending to be Jewish. We know that they are just looking to secure for themselves all the social and financial advantages of being the "chosen" ones and "better" than everyone else without having to live in community with us. They are un-American in that respect. You can put up that front if you have the money but don't force everyone to buy what you are selling. This is America where every ethnicity is supposed to have the same opportunity as everyone else regardless of birth order.