Friday, December 21, 2012

Which reminds me

One year at the church-related singles Christmas party gift exchange I ended up with what looked like a glass jar, candy store-style, containing brightly wrapped candies which suggested the idea of toffees or taffy. But when I opened one of the candies and bit it I learned that it was only plastic. This was a gift from Mike of Fort Lauderdale whose last name I don't recall who briefly dated Sharon Liebowitz and is a handyman by profession and who thought it was hysterically funny to watch me biting plastic. A couple of years later I took the jar of plastic candies down from its perch and wrapped it and took it back to the singles Christmas party gift exchange where it ended up somehow back in the hands of Mike of Fort Lauderdale. I am not sure how that happened. He looked somewhat perturbed and oddly he stopped coming to singles not long after that. I haven't seen Mike for years and really don't remember much about him except that he once told me that he formerly lived in Haines City, a place I once worked, and was a bag boy at the Publix across the street from the newspaper office. After all, it's a small world.