Saturday, December 15, 2012

Which Reminds Me

Not long before I left California to back to school I remember meeting with Lynda and Dauna for dinner at a restaurant somewhere midway between where I lived and they lived. Oddly, Lynda gave me a present that day. It was a decorative glass egg, the egg being in two halves of zig-zagged edges so that the two halves could be placed somewhere or else place together form the shape of an egg. This egg might still be stashed in my junk drawer along with the football-shaped jar of cologne and other "white elephant" things gathered along the way at various gift exchanges, not that I gave Lynda anything that day. I was not expecting a gift as we were just supposed to have dinner. So that was nice to see Lynda and Dauna again although somewhat awkward because those two always seem to have something else going on behind the scenes and I do not really what they are talking about or what this means. Perhaps one of these days I would mail this junk back to her. I don't need this junk cluttering my life. Thanks anyway.