Friday, December 14, 2012

Which Reminds Me

I vaguely recall at SCC that I accepted an invitation from Lynda to attend a master class in Los Angeles, maybe at UCLA or USC, one of those schools. We stopped at Fat Burgers for lunch on our way there which was delicious. At the master class there was this blind black girl who sang and she was excellent. I remember making some minor comment about how that was a song that I also had studied but of course I did not say anything about how lousy I would sound compared to the black singer. I just mentioned that I knew that song, I think. How odd that this comment should provoke should strong curiosity from everyone on the planet. I did not mind the processed cheese thing that Lynda served melted on food when I was visiting at her house for the weekend but, really, it would be sort of rude to say that there is nothing like a slice off the real Cheddar bar for pungent flavor. I am just saying.