Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Which reminds me

Oh, I forgot. I do not consider myself Methodist but my cousins are of Methodist background. In this I refer to the Andrews family on my mother's side. Their father, who married my aunt, was Methodist, I seem to recall. David also, near the end of his life, was getting spiritual counsel from a Methodist minister, or so we heard, so maybe that was good. I am not going to fight with Methodists, although they are sometimes too quick to pick fights with us for various reasons. However, the Andrews family has a connection to Charlotte 'Lottie' Moon, who was a Southern Baptist missionary to China in the 19th century. So that's nice. Lottie's sister, Orianna Moon, married a certain Dr. John Andrews and several children, one of whom was Owen Merriweather Andrews, whose son Doc married my aunt. So that is how the Andrews are connected to the Southern Baptists but we are not related to those other Andrews so that is not our problem. We have problems but not that problem. So that is how that works.