Friday, December 7, 2012

Journalism classes

Which reminds me that at the time I was studying journalism there was the nomination of Clarence Thomas to the Supreme Court and the ensuing challenge of Anita Hill. Those hearings were on television every day for a while, not unlike the Watergate hearings of a decade earlier, and there might have been some discussion of that in journalism classes although I do not remember anything specific. It is not something I would really want to think about very much, nor did I watch very much of that stuff. I really don't care. It is a moot point now so there is no reason to revisit that subject. Perhaps Machelle Bush would like everyone to stop the world turning so that we can all listen to her talk about Janet Cook's fictional account in the New York Times and the ethics of reporter impersonations to get a story. I don't recommend it but it happens all the time.