Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Moore Connection

My great-great-grandmother was Amanda Melvina Fitzallen Moore (1827-1882), born at Halifax, North Carolina, who married William Brownlow McClellan at age 17, in 1844, and had ten children. So why am I getting all these messages from various other Moores who are not related to me? As for example Harold Moore, who seems to imagine that being an AG pastor is a license to be rude? (Why was that Melodyland associate pastor at Harvest Assembly so rude to me even though I did not remember him from California? I once or twice took the ride offered by Lynda to use the library there but otherwise I do not remember anything about Melodyland except that when I was very young my parents took me to see a production of "Wizard of Oz" in the round. The theater later became a church and I was went to a concert there to hear Teri DeSario. Other than that I don't think that I attended Melodyland as a church more than once or twice personally, just visiting. Rusty was a Melodyland boy but I never saw him there. It was basically some staging by Dauna and others that got me placed in a photo at Rusty's video party. That was before. Otherwise I really would not know anything about that or why those Melodyland people would have anything to say about me. I was never interested in continuing any kind of relationship with Rusty for obvious reason. Melodyland is nothing now anyway. It was torn down and built over.) Amanda Moore looks a bit weatherbeaten in her photo, her dark hair pulled back from her face in severe fashion, blouse with strangely ruffled collar. So? Joy is not exactly a fashion plate either in her website photo. Moore opinions are not that important to me, anyway. I remember Al Moore bugging me in Western Civ class at SCC: "Earth to Candi! Earth to Candi!" But did he have anything to actually say to me? No, it was just a teasing thing, obviously. So why does everyone take this stuff so seriously? I have better things to do than revisit the Moore story, as if I ever knew anything about that. The family history book really doesn't say very much about Amanda personally. It's just all about him. I only have the book so that is all I can remember.