Monday, March 21, 2011

Angie

Yes, and anyway how did I get attached to Angie? What would she want from me? She wouldn't know Santa Tecla from Santa Ana in El Salvador. She grew up in Venezuela but if she knows my distant relatives, the Hunts, she never mentioned it. We never once ever discussed them, not that I would have even thought to ask about them. I was barely aware of their existence as they never have anything to do with us anyway. Anyway, Angie and I once worked in close proximity at Vida Publishers but only for a short time. I am trying to remember whether she was there full time longer than a summer, maybe just three or four months. After she left, the next secretary to Ed, the vice president of the company, was Patty who later married her boss although by that time I was not there anymore so don't know anything about the wedding. Not that it matters now. Ed and Patty are divorced, Ed having backslidden and gone to work for a New Age company in Viriginia Beach. Yes, sometimes these new converts get promoted too fast too soon, beyond the level of their maturity and cannot handle it. Sad but true.