Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Dog training

Yes, there is a certain philosophy which speaks of putting your dog's nose in it accompanied by a little swat so as to train them not to do it in the house. But there is a limit to the effectiveness of such behavioral manipulation. There is always a danger that some dogs might not get it. Other dogs will feel so utterly humiliated that they will start acting abused and skulk around. Fortunately for me I don't have a dog to train so it is not my problem. However, I definitely can say that if I had a daughter there would be some things I would not do the way my mother did. I would not have a maid and so my children would have to do all their own chores and learn responsibility a lot younger than I did. I wish my parents had been stricter about certain things but they weren't so I can't go back and do that over again. My mother is not really such a perfect mother as you might imagine but having a maid really makes it a lot more complicated than you might imagine. I wouldn't want to do that to my children. Having a maid is not really a good thing and while it was considered necessary down there it is not required up here. I am the person in charge of my life now. So maybe the maid deserved a pay raise but at the time it was not my decision to make. Now that it is I would rather keep the money thank you very much.