Friday, March 18, 2011

Weight

Yes, it makes me rather angry to be constantly nagged about my weight. I want to lose weight because I want to do so, not because other people keep nagging me, not because I remember Lynn saying that her husband always nagged her about losing weight, not because my Dad has forgotten that he himself is a bigger food addict than me, always raving about this food and that food, etc. etc. No, I want to lose weight because I have decided to do so, not because some cranky old coot on the other side of the wall is grouching about my appetite for pies and cookies. It's hard to even enjoy baking cookies when I know that I will probably end up eating most of the cookies anyway. However, regardless of the Cuban monopoly on sugar markets, there is not much choice when it comes to sugar. The alternative is too bitter to contemplate. Artificial sweeteners have peculiar chemical aftertastes and according to some reports might even make you lose your mind. Perhaps that is your problem. All that aspertame. Really, you should heed the warnings. Practice what you preach.