Monday, March 21, 2011

Dads

In high school I wrote a little poem in which I said something about loving Jesus and I said that Jesus "is all that I will ever need." Well, much as I love my Dad, he is not Jesus. My Dad is not Jesus and my Dad is not all that I will ever need. I need a lot more than just my parents although I also cannot live without them. My Dad is only one of many ministers who preach the gospel of Jesus but, nonetheless, as much as I love my Dad yet I know perhaps better than most that my Dad is not Jesus. My Dad cannot do anything to heal me or to work miracles in my life. It is only through the power of Jesus that any good thing can come into my life. Sometimes it is hard being an MK because some people think that if any good thing happens to me it is only because my Dad somehow was behind the scenes pulling strings to get me favors when actually that is not true. My Dad might have written some letters but it doesn't matter. Sometimes I think my Dad might be writing letters that I don't know about asking for stuff that I don't want anyway. It just makes it confusing for me because then I don't know where these people are coming from with all these accusations about stuff. People are just crazy, I think.