Thursday, March 24, 2011

Clocks

In case everyone has forgotten, it was Christina who was always whining to her boyfriend Bill about her womanly clock ticking late and trying to rush him into getting married so she could start having children. But I never did that. You see, I am not Italian so I am not a whiner. Italians tend do that, or at least Christina does. They whine and complain about every little thing. We all overheard Christina's shrill whining. But like my mother always told me, I am to be a stoic and keep a stiff upper lip so to speak, never show emotions so that people will not know what I am thinking and feeling because, well, if they know what you are thinking and feeling they can just bounce you off like yesterday's garbage. So never show emotions even if nothing ever works out and the sky falls in and the earth is blown to smithereens and no children will ever be forthcoming as there are no guarantees in life anyway. Nothing is guaranteed. Just never show your emotions. Smile and say goodbye to these ghostly apparitions because I am just never going to discuss it with them. Some things are just nobody's business. I am just never going to discuss certain personal things with anyone, I don't care if you are the queen of anything, you are not the queen of me. Are you a counselor? Even less can you be trusted.

Also, I never had a boyfriend named Bill so it would not be something to discuss with a total stranger and that is what Bill was to me actually, just a stranger.