Thursday, March 24, 2011

Re: The Frog

Yes, I should have known better than to obey my Dad. We were on the shores of maybe Lake Arrowhead or Big Bear, one of those lakes, and my Dad was trying to show me how you can throw flat rocks a certain way so that they skip across the water but mine only went kerplunk. And then we found a little frog, such a cute little frog, all four legs and not just a tadpole, and my Dad told me to go and show it to my mother. So I did. Trouble was that my mother was in a ladies' prayer retreat meeting which is where I found her. She looked up and I showed her the frog I was holding and she screamed and it broke up the whole meeting. I am not sure why, actually. It really was a cute little frog, but they did not seem to appreciate it. Sometimes those people are just too weird for me to understand. It actually doesn't take much to break up those people, just a little frog.