Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Jeff 2

I really don't care whether Jeff thinks he is the King of Spain. Yes, that was nice of Jeff to introduce me to his sister Christina and it was nice of him to tell me to call him sometime in case I need anything or something like that. I think he even gave me his phone number but I never did call Jeff. There was something smarmy about his weird way of saying these things, as if he were only pretending. It is like make-believe with these guys. You cannot take them too seriously or the illusion of friendliness will suddenly vanish. They are very busy getting their lives together and one cannot really blame them for that. They say that they are going to have you over to their house for dinner sometime to talk about things but they never say when. It is always someday, somewhere, somehow. Maybe they are talking about the resurrection of the dead, when at the Marriage Supper of the Lamb we will all gather around the table. That will be a nice time then. You cannot pick and choose who will be there. Lots of people you were not expecting will be sitting elbow to elbow at the table. Even Don Triplett might be there although I am not sure what building castles in the sky has to do with preaching the gospel of Christ. But a little peon like me living on the other side of the moat cannot hope to contend with these warrior people who have all the guns, the spears, the armored breastplates, the cannons. Hey, I would be happy with a little cottage at the edge of the woods. Castles have too many rooms that all require vacuuming. There is a limit to how much castle I would be able to handle.