Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lost In Space

It boggles the mind that anyone could think that I would have known in high school anything at all about the Stricklands left in England. I don't even know very much about my Strickland relatives in Texas, let alone anything at all about the England branch of the Strickland family, if it be true that we are attached somehow to the inhabitants of Sizergh Castle located as it is in the region of Cumbria, England, four miles south of Kendal. The property at first belonged to the Deincourt family but passed into possession of the Stricklands upon the marriage of the Deincourt's daugher to Sir William de Strikeland in 1239 A.D. It looks beautiful in the photographs but, well, I am not sure whether I will ever have a chance to see it in my lifetime. It is very expensive traveling across the pond.