Sunday, March 6, 2011

Tennessee

Did I ever mention that I could not care less about Tennessee? Yes, it's true. And who was that guy I once had a crush on who was named Paul? Maybe he was from Tennessee but that is about the only thing I remember about him. Otherwise I could not care less about Paul and whoever his family turned out to be. I could not care less about Paul and I could not repeat this thought enough times to emphasize that I could not care less. If he is not going to be a friend to me, then I am definitely going to reciprocate that sentiment exactly. I really was not planning to continue hostilities but if war is what Tennessee wants, then we should remind Tennessee that there are fifty other states out there who will kick Tennessee's butt if they try to rebel against the Union. The Sons of the Confederacy were losers in case you forgot. We have found the text of the debate in which you defended slavery, you psycho! The Emancipation Proclamation did not your way and yet you expect us all to feel sorry for you. But you are really not all that important in the whole scheme of things. You call yourself Jewish because your great-grandfather was Jewish but I also may have some Jewish blood in me somewhere and I could also convert if I wanted to but my ancestors found something better in Christ and his church and so that is where my treasure is. Anyway, as far as I am concerned you are just one state out of fifty states all waiting for their turn at the microphone so keep it short and simple because what you have to say is only a tiny piece of the puzzle. In fact, you are not worth even five seconds of my time and attention at this stage. You have already used up more than your share of attention, much more than you ever deserved in the first place, and it is time to give other people a chance. You eat up all the space and then everyone gets the impression that it is all about you when it really is not about you. Got it? Good.