Friday, March 25, 2011

Wrong

Yes, I never did like Quique and his obnoxious joke, always regaling me with songs about Dulcinea from the movie "Don Quijote" and all because my name sort of translates, if you spell it with a "y" or else just hear it phonetically, as dulce in Spanish from which the name Dulcinea derives. Dulcinea was the barmaid in the book that we read in high school Spanish lit class although we did not get around to the final section, only the first part of the book in which the elderly gentleman, whimsically imagining himself a knight of olden times, courts the beautiful Lady of the court who is actually just the barmaid at the inn where he is staying with his sidekick Sancho Panza. I do not need any more Quiques in my life, always sing-songing their fakiness whilst stabbing me in the back. I am not the slightest bit interested in stopping to talk to Quique or continuing any relationship with him after high school. I wish he would stop pestering me. It was pure coincidence I suppose that he always seemed to be lurking nearby. Really Barbara looks a lot more like the actress Sophia Loren who played the character in the movie but she also might not appreciate the nuisance. I am not sure whether she would understand. I cannot speak for her. It was really not that funny to me. Just because Quique has bucket loads of money, that does not mean that I would have ever consider accepting a date with him in high school. My life is not there. My future is elsewhere, mainly in the United States where all my family for whatever it is worth resides. I am never going to go back there. I will not be staying there. The missionary system that I knew is no longer in existence and whatever is to come I know nothing of. I only know that my future is back Home in the U.S. so I cannot stay there for long. It was only temporary.