Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Diary Tidbits-August 1982

Aug. 1: "Breakfast over at 9 after a bad nite. Usual reading."
Aug. 2: "Up after a miserable nite. Breakfast over after 9. Usual reading."
Aug. 3: "Up for bath and she washed my hair also. Had best sleep in months — from 2 AM to 5 AM. Breakfast over after 9. Usual reading. A trip to hospital to Doctor. He said I am better. Had a nap with oxygen. Worked until 5 AM."
Aug. 4: "Up and going as usual. Usual reading. Patty and Dale Harmon and three children came to visit us a while on their way home to Auburn." 
Aug. 5: "No women’s meeting here today. Ralph Butterfield who is in the navy visited us in afternoon."
Aug. 6: "Up and going as usual after a better night. Usual reading. Mailed a letter to Elizabeth Hunt. Worked until near lunch. Had a walk around rose garden. Pastor Webber called about 11. After lunch had 45 minutes with oxygen. Am feeling better and stronger. After supper we had a long ride to the beach in Oceanside."
Aug. 7: "Up for bath after a fair night. Usual reading. Breakfast over about 9:30."
Aug. 8: "Up after a miserable night. Breakfast over before 9:30. Usual reading. Ralph came by and took Gloria and I to church and brot us home. Did a lot of reading. Had a nap with oxygen. Gloria went out with a friend for the evening."
Aug. 9: "Up for surprise bath, the first one on Monday. Breakfast over at 9. Usual reading. Started another pillow. About 11 Ralph came by and took me for a ride to Flower Hill. Suzanne and Audrey came. After lunch Audrey and I had a game, then I went for oxygen and a nap. About 5 came Pastor and Sister Webber and Pauline Freeman to visit us — a happy surprise. After they left we had supper and I spent the evening reading."
Aug. 10: "Usual reading. Worked on needlepoint. Had walk around rose garden. After lunch a nap with oxygen. After supper with to hospital to see Esther. Walter and I stayed in car and while they were gone Merle, Cindy and Heather came to visit with me."
Aug. 11: "A ride to hospital with Julia to see Esther. A ride to hospital with Ralph to get flowers. Esther came home today. Spent evening sorting cards."
Aug. 12: "Julia took us to church and came for us after lunch. Spent evening reading."
Aug. 13: "Usual reading. Lunch at Esther’s. Cynthia and family there to help with cleaning."
Aug. 14: "Working on needlepoint. In afternoon came Anita, Art and family. They stopped in on way home from Esther’s. Ralph took Julia and I for a ride around and to shop."
Aug. 15: "Did not get to church. Ralph and Esther for lunch. Gloria went to Escondido. Had a walk outside around rose garden. Another walk in patio and carport."
Aug. 16: "About 11 went to Suzanne’s and children, Julia, Gloria and Walter went to Sea World and came back about 6 PM. Audrey came over to us at Susie’s home. We had lunch, had one game, then went on errands. Had miles of ride in San Diego. Hearing aid quit, went to get new battery. Susie gave me six. She had to pick up Margaret at work so it was a long ride. After supper we came home, arriving around 9."
Aug. 17: "Finished second pillow top for Murlene and read some and napped some. Lunch over at 1:45. Murlene came late afternoon. Julia and her went out for the evening. I finished second pillow top for Murlene."
Aug. 18: "Left at 10 to get permanent in Carlsbad. Back at 1. Had nap with oxygen at 2. Up at 3. Gloria went out for evening. Julia took me for a walk. Did much reading."
Aug. 19: "Up for bath after restless night. Breakfast over at 9. Usual reading. Julia took Gloria and I to the women’s meeting and came for us before 1. I worked few minutes, then took a nap with oxygen. They went to town, Walter here with me."
Aug. 20: "Feel better this morning. Today is Gloria’s birthday, 30. The church gave her a cake or rather the women’s ministry."
Aug. 21: "Up for bath after restless nite. Suzanne came early and Julia and her went to Los Angeles airport to meet …. I don’t feel very good. Gloria washed my hair during bath."
Aug. 22: "Up and going. Breakfast over at 8:45. Julia took Gloria and I to church and came for us at 12:30. Did a lot of reading. Had a nap."
Aug. 23: "After lunch a nap. Worked until too dark. A walk around patio and carport. Julia went to San Diego to look at cars. Much reading."
Aug. 24: "Julia stayed all nite in San Diego. A walk around rose garden and work until 11:30. Then Ralph came and took us to Vista to Gloria’s friend’s house. Lunch. Nap with oxygen. Work until after 4. A walk in patio and carport. Julia did not come home, phoned she was too tired."
Aug. 25: "Julia came home in the evening. She has bought a new car."
Aug. 26: "Sunny morning. Julia took Gloria and I to church. We came home for lunch. Ralph and Esther had supper with us and Ralph and I played dominoes in evening."
Aug. 27: "Mouth so sore cannot wear my lower plate. Breakfast over about 9. Julia and Gloria went away, left Walter to help me. He did very good, got me my lunch and helped me to oxygen at naptime. I finished Gloria’s pillow top this afternoon. They got back while I was asleep and Julia left for San Diego. Julia came home before midnight, brought her new car."
Aug. 28: "Did something I had to change that I had forgotten. Now pillow finished. Had a ride to plaza. Had a walk around carport and patio. Did a lot of reading. Had nap with oxygen. After supper a game of transograms. Ralph ate with us."
Aug. 29: "Usual reading. No way to church. Much reading. About 4 PM went to San Diego. Arrived home after 10."
Aug. 30: "Ariel and Evelyn and Miranda came in afternoon and they took me with them to Costa Mesa to take Miranda to her grandmother’s for a visit. We got back to Carlsbad at 9;30. It was a very pleasant ride."
Aug. 31: "Up for bath. Not much sleep until 6 AM. Breakfast over after 9. Ariel … have camper with them but had breakfast with us. My sore in mouth is about healed so I could enjoy my breakfast. So good to see Ariel and Evelyn again. Gloria prepared another pillow top for me to work on."