Saturday, June 2, 2012

Magazine Deals

And what blithering idiot came out with this scheme to judge people by their magazine subscriptions? It doesn't always apply. Take, for example, Nannette. If one were to judge by magazine subscriptions, she would have been an exotic fashion model dying young of anorexia or else some other drug addict complications from reading too many issues of Vogue and also decorating her apartment with photos of Royals, Charles and Di and the like. I never did that. I subscribed mainly to Time or later Newsweek and Christianity Today because I like to be current if possible although I also read my share of other magazines, my mother's subscription to Good Housekeeping, etc. It is not good to be dogmatic about magazine subscriptions and the variegated contents thereof. If we really believe that God is gracious and merciful then we do not always have to eat all of these unjust desserts that are shoved in our faces by creepy door-to-door salesmen hawking magazines that we cannot afford anyway and would just pile up unread because we just don't have time for that.