Sunday, June 24, 2012

Because You Asked

Your question reminds me that not long before high school graduation I was talking to that girl from choir and she was talking about the "family jewels" and saying that sometimes fights between guys involved hits to the "family jewels" and sometimes there are various jokes or comments about the "family jewels" and do I know what the "family jewels" are? In response to the various contexts into which she placed the term "family jewels," I could have responded that I do think that I sort of know what she is referring to. I think that we are implicitly, not in so many words, agreeing that the "family jewels" is a veiled reference to certain male functions. So that is about all that I remember about that conversation, just that the "family jewels" probably is a reference to certain male functions. So obviously there was no need for me to explain anything as these little brats at such a young age already know what the "family jewels" are.

Oh, yes, we also discussed a book I read about Marco Polo, his autobiography being in the MK library.