Monday, June 11, 2012

Diary Tidbits-December 1981

Dec. 1: "Darlene stopped in and visited a little while. Had a ride to plaza. Worked on cards. Julia went to hospital for tests and stayed overnight."
Dec. 2: "Got cards nearly done. Had a good nite. Lonesome with Julia gone."
Dec. 3: "Ralph came and took us to church and brot us home. Then Ralph and Esther came back for dinner at 6."
Dec. 4: "After supper Ralph and Esther stopped in few minutes. I had one game transograms, then reading until 9:30."
Dec. 5: "Suzanne and Margaret came about 12:30 and about 2 we went to Camp Pendleton hospital to see Julia. She hopes to come home Tuesday. I miss her so I hope she comes. Suzanne brot a game of 1000 pieces and is trying to put it together. Margaret played part of a game of transograms with me. Bedtime for me."
Dec. 6: "Suzanne worked on puzzle most of the time all day. I read and slept. Audrey and George and Tina came around 4, left in a little while. Ralph went after Julia and they got here just after George left. So good to see Julia. She will return to hospital today. Sue and Margaret went home, left puzzle on the table in our way."
Dec. 7: "Up and going. Not a very good sleep."
Dec. 8: "Up for bath. Breakfast over after 9."
Dec. 9: "Suzanne and Murlene and Rebecca came before 5, left Rebecca here and went to see Julia. They didn’t get back until 9 PM. Rebecca and I had a game of transograms. Then Ralph and I had game of dominoes. Esther took Walter to church. Ralph took Gloria to school and Esther brot both Gloria and Walter home. They all got here about same time."
Dec. 10: "Up for bath after a restless nite. Got a card and gift off to the Hunts in Venezuela. About 11 came Ralph to take Gloria and I to their house. I worked a little while, then after lunch had a nap. Shortly after I got up came Julia. She stayed until after supper, then returned to the hospital. About 8 o’clock Ralph brot us home and said would bring my work in morning. My purse was left in his car and is now over at Linda’s."
Dec. 11: "Ralph came, took me to Esther’s while Gloria and him got Walter at school and took him to dentist. Took him back to school and brot us home. I worked until 2 and had a nap, then worked until dark. Ralph and Esther had supper with us."
Dec. 12: "Julia came home from hospital to stay. A walk up the road before dark. Read in evening."
Dec. 13: "Ralph came and took Walter and I to church and brot us back home and had lunch with us, then took us to his home while Julia went on an errand. She came for me around 4. Walter stayed there and is not home yet. Gloria went somewhere and got back before 9 PM."
Dec. 14: "Went with Julia to get Gloria from school. A good day."
Dec. 15: "Usual reading. Went for ride to take Walter for a shot. Worked on needlepoint."
Dec. 18: "Like other days except a crowd of young people from the church came about 8 to sing for us and sang “Happy Birthday to you” at end. I worked on needlepoint and did not nap. Suzanne came around 5. Did errand, then (Darrell was with her) we went to Kardiff Kitchen for supper."
Dec. 19: "Up for bath after good nite’s rest. This is my 99th birthday anniversary. Usual reading."
Dec. 20: "Ralph took me to church, then to their home for the afternoon. Cindy there and she took me for walk. Ralph took Walter and I home in evening."
Dec. 21: "After lunch a ride to Tri-City hospital. Finished pillow top for Gloria. Joe came to visit us for an hour. Had a walk around carport. Reading. We are having late supper. It rained last nite. About 6:30 I fell down by the TV. Cut my head and bruised my body. Julia sent me to hospital and Gloria and Julia came right after. Was there until 10. They took X-rays and bound my cut head, gave me shots and sent me home. We just finished supper and it’s 11 PM. I hurt every time I move."
Dec. 22: "Up for bath. Slept some and can move around painfully."
Dec. 23: "Had a walk around rose garden in forenoon. A walk up the road in the afternoon. Suzanne & …. Came about 4 PM."
Dec. 24: "Breakfast over at 9:15. Still pain from the fall on Monday but feel better. Ralph came in for a minute about 9:30. In afternoon went to hospital to see about wound in head. Gloria and Walter left for Escondido. Expect them back Sunday."
Dec. 25: "Up and going as usual. Suzanne helping me in place of Gloria. We went to Audrey’s about 1. Had dinner there and met a lot of the relatives and friends. Arrived home before 9."
Dec. 26: "Up about 8. Breakfast over before 10."
Dec. 27: "Ralph came and took me to church and Esther brot me home. Julia and Margaret and I went to 6 o’clock evening service."
Dec. 28: "Suzanne and Margaret went home today. No sleep because of pain."
Dec. 29: "Feel better now. Helped Walter with “thank you” notes. A walk up the road. Reading and planning."
Dec. 30: "Usual reading. Found lost shears. Walter found a lost special pen. Wrote to Laurie Salemie. Working on mail. Writing thank you notes."
Dec. 31: "Usual reading. Susie came at 10 o’clock to take Julia to hospital."