Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Diary Tidbits-September 1982

Sep. 1: "Before noon Ralph took Gloria, Walter and I down to Suzanne’s. She fixed us a delicious lunch, then laid down and went to sleep. I spent the day reading and sleeping. Ralph brot us home before dark."
Sep. 2:  "A walk in patio and carport. Work on pillow. Some reading."
Sep. 3: "Sorting letters. Ariel and Evelyn slopped in about 10 on their way home. I am happy the stopped. Ariel had told me before they would not stop. I am glad they changed their minds. Had a walk in patio and carport. Had a ride and hour’s wait at grocery. Time for nap and oxygen, couldn’t sleep so got up and prepared 13 letters for mailing. Julia and Gloria left about 4 for the plaza."
Sep. 4: "Up for bath after a good night. Usual reading. Gloria’s mother called her from El Salvador about a business deal."
Sep. 5: "Ralph took Gloria and I to church and came back for us. Took us to their home after my nap and we had dinner with them at 5:45. Merle and Kay were there. Julia and Suzanne came later in evening and brought us home."
Sep. 6: "Suzanne left for San Diego shortly after breakfast."
Sep. 7: "Julia and Gloria left for Doctor and for the Base about 8:45. Had walk in yard. Had walk in carport and patio."
Sep. 8: "Up and going. Gloria left fan on all night. Breakfast over before 9. I feel miserable. Wrote to Mary Olive and Eugene. Had a ride to the plaza."
Sep. 9: "Had a walk in yard. Worked until lunch. Then a nap with oxygen. Then a ride to Gloria’s dentist, also some errands. Called at Esther’s a few minutes."
Sep. 10: "Breakfast over before 9. Reading. Walking. Riding. Working. A game in evening."
Sep. 11: "Julia and Gloria left before 9 for sale at women’s club. Julia went to friends for the evening. Harold, Renee and Esther came for supper with us."
Sep. 12: "Ralph took me to church and came for me. Gloria went somewhere for the day and was back before 10 PM. Julia took me for a walk."
Sep. 13: "Breakfast over by 8:30. Public school opens today. Julia gone for day to Base hospital. Usual reading. Had a walk around yard in morning. A walk around patio and carport in afternoon. Julia came home in time for dinner. A good day."
Sep. 14: "Usual reading. A walk in yard. A walk in patio and carport. A ride to a store. Supper at 7. A good day."
Sep. 15: "A walk around yard. A nap with oxygen. Working. A walk half block up the road."
Sep. 16: "After lunch a nap with oxygen. Needlepoint. Audrey stopped by a few minutes on her way home from women’s ministry meeting. Julia and Gloria went shopping when I got up from nap and Walter home from school. After supper a game of transograms."
Sep. 17: "As usual. David B. is on his way down here. Had my morning and afternoon walks. Finished a pillow top."
Sep. 18: "Breakfast over before 10. Had my walks around. David Benjamin came to see us and had supper with us after a bit of car trouble. It was sooo good to see him again. Esther had supper with us also. She forgot her house key so had to stay with us until after 10 PM waiting for Ralph to get home."
Sep. 19: "Julia took Gloria and I to church and came for us about 12:30. Lunch over before 2. Nap. Late afternoon went to Suzanne’s in San Diego. Left me there and went to see Ralph Butterfield but he was not home. Then we all including Suzanne went to a restaurant for supper. So dark I could not see what I was eating. After that came home."
Sep. 20: "Had my morning and afternoon walks. Gloria started to school tonite. I went for the ride when Julia went after her at 8:45 PM. Did needlepoint between other acts. Had a nap in afternoon."
Sep. 21: "Julia gone to Doctor at Base. Worked at needlepoint and did a lot of reading. After supper had a game of transograms. A 6-page letter from Evelyn."
Sep. 22: "Up and going as usual. Usual reading. Had restless night but feel quite good. Had morning and afternoon walk. Worked at needlepoint. A nap in afternoon. Gloria went to school in evening."
Sep. 23: "Julia took Gloria and I to the women’s meeting. Ralph came for us and we had lunch with them. Ralph went by our home and got my work. I had a nap after lunch, then worked until too dark. Merle and Kaye came to have supper with us and were there when we left after 8 PM. Julia went to Doctor in the morning. Came back to Esther’s late afternoon. This was certainly a good day for me."
Sep. 24: "Up and going after sleepless night. Breakfast over before 9. Usual reading. Had walks both morning and evening. Naps when convenient. In afternoon a ride to a Vista nursery and around. Then out to a restaurant for supper."
Sep. 25: "In evening came Ralph and Joe. They stayed until 10. It was so good to see Joe again."
Sep. 26: "Up and going after a good night’s sleep. Breakfast over by 9. Didn’t get to church. In afternoon came the Wilday family to see us. It was good to see them with their 3-week-old baby girl April Mary. Late afternoon they went to Esther’s."
Sep. 27: "Up and going after sleepless nite. No sleep until about 4 AM. Breakfast over by 9. Usual reading."
Sep. 28: "Usual reading. Joe came over in afternoon. He and Ralph had supper with us."
Sep. 29: "Up and going after a restful night. Usual reading. Shortly after breakfast Julia took me and my work to Esther’s. I had lunch there and a nap. They came for me about 3."
Sep. 30: "Julia took Gloria and I to the women’s meeting and came for us at 1. Had a nap with oxygen. Worked until too dark. Did a lot of reading."