Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Books I Never Read

There so many books that I never read, including "Vanity Fair." There was a copy of this novel sitting on my bookshelf for many years but I never got very far into it. The characters were so tediously dull, especially the so-called "heroine" Becky Sharp. Nothing they did or said made any sense to me so I put the book down for a minute and this many years later I have yet to resume my reading of that boring thing. Another author completely ignored by me was Edith Wharton, so these jokes about a "House of Mirth" fall on deaf ears, you should know. I did catch a few minutes of the movie about the book in which the heroine single woman dies a heroin addict but this did not inspire me to read the book or even look for it. Life has enough problems without borrowing more. I just have no clue what you are talking about. I do have the board game "Clue" but have no idea why Mr. Green would be peeved about his name being listed as a murder suspect. It makes perfect sense that the hypocritical crafty rich man would use his crafty fortune and crafty influence to buy himself a position of prominence in the church. I think the name "Mr. Green" fits perfectly as the crafty villain, no doubt about it.