Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Diary Tidbits-July 1982

July 1: "Suzanne has to go to hospital to be with Julia so I cannot go to the women’s meeting at church. Wrote to David Ben. Read a lot. After supper Suzanne and I had two games of transograms. I went with Suzanne to get Gloria from school. Been a good day."
July 2: "Gloria went to fare, arrived home around 10:30 PM. Suzanne, Walter and I had long game dominoes. Then Suzanne and I had a game of transograms."
July 3: "Up for bath after a restless night. Usual reading….A nap in afternoon. Did work on pillow between acts. Played my game in evening. Cynthia, Steve and Aaron stopped by for a little while. It was so good to see them."
July 4: "Suzanne took Julia and I to the church in San Diego, from there to Audrey Gallup’s home where we had lunch. All of Audrey’s four children and family were there and it was so nice meeting all the family. After lunch I had a nap. About 4 o’clock we left for home. Went out for supper around 8 PM. Gloria and Walter came home after 10 PM."
July 5: "Ralph ate supper with us. A game of transograms in evening. Suzanne with home in afternoon."
July 6: "Work until lunch. A nap with oxygen. A walk up the road. After supper a game. Ralph ate supper with us. Esther not feeling well. A ride with Julia to go to school to get Gloria."
July 7: "Up before 8. Usual reading.
July 8: "Julia took us to women’s meeting and stayed. We left about 1 and I had a nap and oxygen until about 2. I worked until 5 when we all left for them to shop. Gloria gone to school soon, a supper over. Now I think I’ll have a game."
July 9: "Slept better last nite. Read news, then worked until lunch. Had nap and oxygen after 1, then worked until after 4….Ralph stopped in for few minutes."
July 10: "Usual reading. Finished a pillow top. Had a walk around rose garden, also a ride to Big Bear. Spent evening at Esther’s watching TV. Julia went away for evening and Gloria and Walter went to some doings and dinner at the church."
July 11: "Up and going. Usual reading after restful nite. Ralph came and took Gloria and I to church and brot us home. I am so weak I could hardly get around but feel better after lunch. Now for a nap in a few minutes."
July 12: "Up and dressed by 8. Usual reading. Breakfast over before 9:30. Saw morning paper. Started a new pillow too. Had a walk around rose garden. After lunch worked until 11? And had a nap with oxygen. Had a ride to Big Bear, came back home for few minutes, then a ride to the plaza. I am very weak and can barely walk. Had a walk around patio and carport before supper."
July 13: "Up for bath after sleepless night. Breakfast over before 8:30. Usual reading."
July 14: "Gloria gave me shampoo and put on curlers."
July 15: "Up for bath. Usual reading. Julia took us to women’s meeting and came back for us before 1. Had a nap with oxygen. Worked a while. Then a ride to Thrifty store. Felt weak and miserable all day. Brother Webber took Walter to San Diego to a ballgame."
July 16: "Up before 8 after sleepless night. Usual reading partly before breakfast. Look at news. Worked until lunch. After lunch a nap. More work, then a ride to take Gloria to the dentist. Supper. Julia took Walter to church for … I had a game of transograms. Gloria came home on bus arriving after 8. Felt better today than yesterday."
July 17: "Bath. Breakfast over after 9. Murlene came in for a minute. Usual reading. Julia went away with Murlene. They came back after 7 PM with Suzanne along, then left for home in half hour. I had a walk around rose garden in forenoon and a walk in patio and carport about 5 PM. Had a nap with oxygen after 1. Worked on my needlepoint between acts. Spent evening reading Readers Digest and Bible. Gloria went away somewhere after 9 so Julia will help me to bed."
July 18: "No one to take me to church so I spent most of the day reading. Had a walk outside and several in the house. Got a short letter written to Ariel and Evelyn."
July 19: "Same as other days."
July 20: "Up for bath. Slept better. Usual reading."
July 22: "Went to the hospital this afternoon."
July 29: "Came home from hospital at 11:30 this morning. Glad to get home."
July 30: "Up and going. Having a rummage sale here."
July 31: Up for bath after a better night. Breakfast over at 9:15. Usual reading. Had a walk around rose garden. Worked until lunch. Went to bed with oxygen. Up at 2:30.