Monday, June 11, 2012

Diary Tidbits-November 1981

Nov. 1: "No way to church. Esther came for me around 11. About 1 Daniel Barth my grandson came for me at Esther’s and took me out for lunch. We had a pleasant time visiting mostly about missionary work. Then he brot me home. Stayed and visited with Julia until around 4. He left for his home at Ariel’s."
Nov. 2: "Read until 8:30, then went for a ride to get Gloria from school."
Nov. 3: "Today is voting day. I don’t plan to go. Had a walk twice around rose garden."
Nov. 4: "Usual reading the Bible. Looked at newspaper. Worked until after 11."
Nov. 5: "Feel weak this morning. Ralph came and took us to church. We went to Esther’s after, I had a nap here. Had a walk up the sidewalk. Did some reading. Had a good dinner at 6. Julia and Gloria went somewhere and came back for me at 8 and brot me home."
Nov. 6: "Worked until lunch. Then we went to hospital to see Doctor Wenzel. Sent me to different places for exams. Got home after 4. Worked until dark."
Nov. 7: "Julia gone to church to help with rummage sale, then went to Base. Murlene came about noon and stayed until 4. We had one game of transograms. In the evening Merle brot Heather to stay with us while they went to church for practice of song. Heather and I played dominoes. Walter joined us in first game. He won. Then we played two more and Heather won. Julia gave me a pill and I slept last nit."
Nov. 8: "No one came to take us to church. Had a walk around rose garden."
Nov. 9: "Finished pillow top for Esther. A walk around garden. At 2 a nap. Welfare lady came for information, stayed two hours. Supper."
Nov. 10: "Usual reading. Felt like crying all day. I don’t know why."
Nov. 11: "Suzanne and a friend came shortly after 2. They left at 3:30 because we had appointment for permanent at 4. We got back from that after 7 and had supper about 8. Gloria and Walter went to Vista before noon. It’s 9:30 and they are not back yet."
Nov. 12: "Ralph came and took Gloria and I to church. Julia came to lunch at church, then took us home for a while, then over to Esther’s. Murlene and Darrell came late afternoon. Good to see them. After dinner they went to a meeting in Vista. Julia and Gloria went somewhere. Walter and I stayed with Esther."
Nov. 13: "Feel better than yesterday….After lunch a ride to plaza and elsewhere. Home again to work until dark — mistakes and ripping. Supper about 6….Letter from David B. So glad to get it."
Nov. 14: "At 4:15 had a walk up the road. Right leg hurting today. Supper over before 7. Hope to have a game of transograms. I did. I don’t enjoy my meals without salt. Now it’s bedtime and I dread to go to bed. The nights are so long."
Nov. 15: "Ralph came to take me to church and then to their house where Walter and I had lunch. Esther was gone somewhere. About 4 he brot us home. While there I had three naps and I am still too sleepy to read and TV is not interesting. My cough seems to be getting worse."
Nov. 16: "Ralph and Esther came at 5:30 and had dinner with us. Ralph took Gloria to school and also brot her home….Missed my ride with Julia to go get Gloria."
Nov. 17: "Usual reading. Worked a while, then off on errands and take Walter for a shot. Esther went with us. After lunch a nap and work until dark. Just before dark a walk up the road not all the way. My back hurt too much."
Nov. 18: "Ralph came and took Walter to Royal Rangers."
Nov. 19: "Around 10 Ralph came and took Gloria and I over to their house. I was there until after 7 PM. Julia and Gloria went away in afternoon but came back for supper at Esther’s. Merle and Kay came around 5 and were there when we left for home. I did not go to the women’s meeting. Julia thought my cough was too bad. I didn’t feel very good. After we got home I spent the rest of the evening reading a book and the Bible."
Nov. 20: "Around 4 came Pastor Webber, Stella Moore, Edith Brandt and Sis. Towlers, a big surprise. They slayed until about 5 and Walter left with them. We had supper late around 7. Pastor Webber brot Walter home and had supper with us. I spent evening reading and TV."
Nov. 21: "Had a walk by lagoon. Worked until lunch. Julia went to San Diego."
Nov. 22: "Up and going as usual. No one to take me to church. Read a lot. Had walks around the house and one up the road. Gloria and Walter went to San Diego. At 4 PM Julia took me for a ride to the Plaza. Been a long evening. Got news that Chris and Arlene now have a baby girl born today."
Nov. 23: "Tried to have a nap but Walter waked me. At 3:45 we went to Doctor Wenzel and got home at 5. Had supper and Julia took Gloria to school."
Nov. 24: "Finished the pillow top for Julia. Had a walk to lagoon. Gloria helped me sort out the things in corner of my bedroom. Had a lunch about 2, then a nap, a bit of reading, then started list for Christmas cards."
Nov. 25: "Just sat down to supper when Richard and Arlene came to show us their 3-day-old baby — a darling — she is feeling good. After supper a game of transograms. Cough has been bad today."
Nov. 26: "Walter took me for walk to lagoon. Murlene and family came before 12, Susie later. Dinner about 12:30. After dinner Murlene and I had a game of transograms and visited Darrell and the six children went home around 3. Susie and Murlene are staying over. Suzanne and I had two games before supper. Gloria spent evening with friends. I went with Sue to get her before 9."
Nov. 27: "Suzanne and I had a game after supper. Gloria gave Suzanne a permanent this afternoon. Chris and Arlene stopped by to show their 5-day-old baby to Suzanne and Murlene. Almost 10 so bedtime. My cold don’t go away and I have not felt very good today. Very little sleep last nit."
Nov. 28: "Sue and Murlene went home and Sue came back with niece Margaret and they stayed overnight. Gloria and Walter went to Escondido and stayed overnite."
Nov. 29: "Suzanne is helping me in place of Gloria. Ralph came by and took Margaret, Murlene’s daughter, and I to church. After service brot me home and took her to the church dinner. I didn’t want to go. Suzanne and Margaret left at 7 PM for home. Gloria and Walter got home shortly after lunch. Now the four of us are alone for first time since Thursday."
Nov. 30: "Had a walk around the rose garden. Had a nap. Got some cards sorted out and labeled."