Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Boyd Fowler Clarification

Oh, did I skip over this very important diary tidbit? I really should include this footnote from June 4 of 1979: "Found a letter sent in May had got mixed with other. It was announcement of Boyd Fowler's decease. He was my husband’s nephew."

Boyd Fowler was actually NOT the nephew of my great-grandfather. He was the husband of Mary Martha Thew who was the niece of my great-grandfather. So Boyd Fowler was more like a nephew-in-law you might say. So great-grandmother was maybe a little spaced out on this point but this is hardly surprising. It is obviously not necessary for us to explain this typo to Marvin Barth who perhaps knows more about his own family than we do anyway.

And also Boyd's last name might have been spelled Flower, not Fowler, although I am still trying verify this typo.