Wednesday, June 13, 2012

DiaryTidbits-February 1982

Feb. 1: "Up and going but feel very weak. Breakfast over about 8:30….Ralph and Esther stopped in few minutes. Spent most of time reading. Went with Julia to get Gloria at school at 8:30 PM.
Feb. 2: "Much reading. Ralph and Esther with us for supper. Ralph, Gloria and Julia went shopping for tires for Walter’s bicycle, etc. Esther and Walter stayed with me."
Feb. 4: "Went over to Esther’s and spent the day there."
Feb. 5: "Went to eye doctor and he ordered eye drops four times a day for two weeks. Had a lot of ripping to do because I worked white where Julia didn’t want it. Now she has definite plan for me to follow. Had a good nite and feel quite able this morning."
Feb. 6: "Up for bath. Breakfast over 9:30. Did a lot of ripping and some work."
Feb. 7: "Ralph came and took Gloria and I to church and brot us home….Late afternoon Joseph came in and surprised us. He stayed until after dark when he left, said he would see me tomorrow. Gloria & Walter went away for the afternoon. They got back before he left."
Feb. 8: "Usual reading. Joe came and he and Julia went away to look at cars…..Julia went to San Diego to stay all nite. Joe took Gloria to school. Stayed with me until time to go get her, then he went to Gwen’s for the night."
Feb. 9: "Joe phoned about 8:30 that he was leaving for home. That is a nine-hour drive to Sonora. Cloudy this morning. Ralph took Gloria to dentist, then took me to Esther’s. I went for nap. After he went and got Gloria, later on then he took us both home. Julia came home in time to eat supper with us. After supper I read evening paper, then had a game of transograms. During daylight got some work done. Now 8:15, guess I’ll read and watch TV. Audrey and George sent me two boxes of lovely birthday card stationary."
Feb. 10: "Julia with car trouble. Ralph helping us. Had a game after supper."
Feb. 11: "Ralph took Gloria and I to church at 10 and came for us at 1 and took us to Esther’s where I stayed until near 9 o’clock. Gloria had to go to dentist at 4. We had supper with Esther at 7 and came home about 9. Suzanne arrived about 9, then we all came home."
Feb. 12: "Julia and Suzanne arrived to eat with us. After supper gave her her pillow top. Julia and Suzanne went away for the evening."
Feb. 13: "Up for bath after a sleepless nite, trouble breathing. Took oxygen for 3½ hours….Ralph and Esther invited for supper by Gloria. Julia had an appointment elsewhere. Ralph suggested playing dominoes so we played dominoes until after 9."
Feb. 14: "Up and going after best nite’s sleep in long time. No getting to church because of cough and cold. Had a ride to take Gloria and Walter to the bus for Escondido. Got home at 12 and slept one hour. Lunch over at near 2. A long and lonely day."
Feb. 15: "Worked until lunch and after lunch until 2, then a nap, more work until run out of yarn. Had a walk up the road."
Feb. 16: "Feel weak and cough a lot. Worked until dark, finished pillow top for Julia. Had walk halfway up road."
Feb. 17: "Usual reading. Still weak and coughing. Had walk once around rose garden. Worked until lunch. After lunch a nap with oxygen….More work and feeling better. A walk half block up road. Gloria went to school tonite. Julia took her to school and took Walter to church to Royal Rangers. And I went along when she went after them. I feel better than yesterday thank God. He is faithful."
Feb. 18: "Usual reading. Still coughing some and did not go to church, very disappointed. Worked and ripped, made mistakes. After lunch a nap and soon after a ride to Big Bear and back….Still coughing."
Feb. 19: "Audrey came and Julia and her went somewhere. After shampoo worked til lunch, then had a nap….Now I’ll read evening paper. Julia not home yet. She went to hospital at Camp Pendleton."
Feb. 20: "Cough seems better….Julia invited Ralph and Esther for dinner at 7 and I had a ride to the grocery. A quiet evening. Retired at 9:30."
Feb. 21: "Up and going. Cough seems less. Usual reading in Daniel. Julia now has my cold and sore throat. I would not go to church coughing every few minutes. I am disappointed. After lunch went for ride to take Gloria and Walter to Vista. They were not at home so left her at another place and went to bed as soon as we got home. Wrote letter to Lanwrence Beltramo."
Feb. 22: "Gloria at school tonite. I had a game of transograms. I went with Julia to the school to get Gloria. Now bed time."
Feb. 23: "Up for bath after restless night….After lunch went to Doctor Wenzel at hospital. He ordered X-rays. Also changed my medicine. We got so tired waiting around to get everything done. Got home before dark and had supper about 6. After 7 Walter and I had game of dominoes. He won. I hope for sleep tonite."
Feb. 24: "I went with Julia to get Gloria at school. Cough better."
Feb. 25: "Cough better but not going to church. Worked on needlepoint until lunch and after lunch until 2, then had a nap. Worked more, then had a walk around patio and air port. Worked until dark. Gloria and Walter went somewhere. Supper over at 7, now a game. Gloria came home at 9:15. And now bedtime. Been a good day."
Feb. 26: "Up eating breakfast at my desk because carpenter came at 7 to prepare for the new stove due next week….Had a ride to store before supper. Ralph Butterfield from Navy came to see us."
Feb. 27: "Finished pillow top, then had a nap. When I awakened Cynthia was here and Ralph and her had lunch with us….Just before dark Julia took us to dinner….My cough is better and I hope to get to church tomorrow."
Feb. 28: "Breakfast over about 9 after good nite’s rest. Cough better. Usual reading. By phone word came that Ariel and Evelyn were coming at 2 and would take me for ride. They came after 2 and visited a while. Then we left. Ariel drove over Carlsbad and Oceanside and then stopped by Esther’s. They visited there until near 5, then left for home. Later Ralph and Esther brot me home and had supper with us and spent the evening here."